Erecting and packing your swag
Before you unpack your swag
- check how your swag is packed before you unroll it, so you can roll it up in the same way.
- Condensation may occur in cool or moist conditions.
- Point swag foot end into the wind.
- Foam mattress may compresses from being rolled up for long periods; it may be partially restored by unrolling and leaving it outside in the sun for a short time.
- Swags sizes are approximate only, due to natural shrinking and stretching of canvas depending on the weather.
- Reproofing of the seams and hard wearing areas may be necessary after extended usage.
Setting Up Your Deluxe Dome Swag
- Ensure poles are in their sleeves.
- Assemble poles together ensuring they are all the way into the sockets, failure to do this may damage the poles.
- Insert steel sleeves into pins provided.
- Fit hooks around the poles AFTER POLES HAVE BEEN INSERTED INTO PINS FIRST! Failure to do this may result in poles breaking
- Attach guy ropes to eyelets in triangle tie down flaps and fix to object, ensure swag is tightened and secured to ground.
- Open up flaps for air circulation.
- All other swags, just roll out and tie flap to allow for air circulation.
Packing Up Your Swag
- Close all zips.
- Detach guy ropes.
- Fold overhanging canvas and ropes to center.
- Poles, disassemble, fold together, and leave inside sleeves.
- Swag, role tight from head end, connect buckles, tighten straps do not over tighten.
- Allow a wet or damp swag to dry before packing. If not possible unroll swag when convenient and allow to dry before repacking it.
- Thoroughly wet down new canvas prior to use to ensure sealing up of seams.
- Remove dirt with a soft brush and cold water after use.
- Do not clean with soap, detergent, petrol, oil or solvents.
- Ensure swag is completely dry before storage.
- Do not store directly on concrete floors.
- Use a recommended canvas reproofing solution on well worn areas.