Our Traveller comes with new looks, new material and a new back for added comfort. Yet, of course, the backpack - that can be packed just like a suitcase - still offers all the functional smart details and the detachable daypack.
The Deuter Traveller is our premium Travel pack that has all the built-in comfort features plus quality materials you would expect, and a super tough height adjustable backpack harness that can allow you to hike in comfort for many hours.
When taking that long travel break, you need a pack that's comfortable and won’t let you down. The Traveller Travel Pack by Deuter comes with all the features you need in a well made pack: an internal X frame that helps to even the load distribution with an easy-action pull forward waist belt to make adjustments on the move. There’s also a zippered 10 Litres expansion gusset for those souvenirs that you will inevitably acquire along the way.
The X-frame aircontact system has been specially developed for heavy loads. It works by a system that is as simple as it is ingenious: Two ergonomically arched, crossed aluminium bars in frame channels transmit a part of the carrying load laterally to the specially padded hip strap, distributing the load from the back to the hips. The anatomically positioned, ultra-comfortable hip strap consists of an ergonomically shaped, multi-layered hip fin
German engineered by the worlds largest and oldest backpack brand.
Weight: 3200 g
Volume: 70 + 10 litre expansion plus 19L daypack
Size: 74 / 38 / 32 (H x W x D) cm
Material: Deuter-MacroLite 420
Deuter-Duratex 1000 denier Nylon base
Harness: Vari-quick X-frame alloy system with foam padded height adjustable ladder system
Pockets: Personal organiser/hydration pouch (Daypack), one external pouch (Covered by attaching daypack) internal mesh pouches attached to compression straps & a mesh pouch on the underside of the main cover (Main pack)
- concealable back system with Vari-Quick, X-frame and anatomically formed hip belt to carry heavy loads comfortably
- U-shaped zip opens the main compartment fully.
- Alternatively a divider can be zipped in and the bottom compartment loaded separately
- large detachable daypack with ventilated back, valuables pocket inside and hydration system holder
- luggage stabilisers inside
- several zipped mesh pockets
- Compression straps
- three grab handles
- carry strap
- Hydration compatible daypack
- side pockets
- Deuter lifetime warranty
- Pockets: Personal organiser/hydration pouch (Daypack), one external pouch (Covered by attaching daypack) internal mesh pouches attached to compression straps & a mesh pouch on the underside of the main cover (Main pack)
Special high density 420 denier polyamide offers high abrasion resistance with it's very tight weave. This top quality fabric is used for Guide backpacks and Travel range models. PU coating.
A Polyamide-fabric that is extremely abrasion and tear resistant. For all larger backpacks this is used for the bottom panel. It has a thread of 1000 den and a thick PU coating on the inside.
Deuter Aircontact System
- Stabiliser straps allow optimal positioning of the backpack. These are easily repositioned on the shoulder straps using a “Triglide“ buckle. Aircontact models above 50+10 SL sizes also have two different fixing points, depending on the back length setting, in order to optimize the load adjustor strap angle.
- Breathable padding with special ventilating hollow chamber foam: With every movement, a pump effect circulates air through the breathable Aircontact cushions of this direct body contact system. Extra air channel ventilation between the back cushions is very effective. (on ACT Lite)
- The anatomically shaped hip fins are made from multiple layers. The inner side has a layer of soft foam with 3D AirMesh lining for heightened comfort. The firm foam on the outside is modelled to the anatomic shape and transfers the load to the hips. Side compression straps on the fins regulate the load and increase stability. On the compact ACT Lite fins this bilaminate construction is perfectly balanced between weight reduction and load transfer ratio. Aircontact models designed to carry heavier loads, maximise stability and load transfer thanks to the additional synthetic reinforcement in between foam layers.
- All Aircontact models are fitted with Deuter’s Vari Flex System, leaving the generous hip fins fully mobile. The Vari Flex hip fins follow even the most complex movements allowing tricky sections to be negotiated without losing your balance – especially important when carrying a hefty load.
- The anatomic profiled X-frame offers a balance of torsional rigidity and flexibility to follow your body movements, and transfers weight through it's perfect back fit.
- Contoured shoulder straps with 3D Air mesh lining.
- Vari-Quick system for easy adjustment to any back length.
- Head molding provides freedom of head movement. Effective on models Aircontact 50+10SL and up.