Compact and lightweight, the Petzl GLACIER LITERIDE ice axe is the perfect choice for ski mountaineering, skiing steep chutes and fast-and-light climbing. It also has the benefit of great anchoring efficiency thanks to its very high-quality steel pick, guaranteeing both confident anchoring and great durability.
Pick type: 1
Shaft type: 1
Certification(s): CE, UIAA
Material(s): heat-treated steel, aluminum 7075
References U01B 050
Length 50 cm
Weight 320 g
Guarantee 3 years
Compact: measuring 50 cm, the GLACIER LITERIDE is as compact as it is light, and therefore easily transportable on a pack.
Lightness and comfort:
- the upper part of the pick offers excellent grip (comfortable supporting surface)
- the pick and the shaft are lighter, yet extremely robust
Very good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice, thanks to:
- the profile of the pick, for sure and stable anchoring
- the pick of toothed steel, thinner at the tip (3 mm)
- the stainless steel spike, for very good penetration in hard snow
High strength and practical aspects:
- high-quality steel pick (identical to picks of technical ice axes)
- very strong steel adze with with an edge designed for efficient cutting of steps
- head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- high-quality aluminum shaft (aluminum 7075, used in aeronautics), with anodized finish for excellent rust protection
- handle cut into the shaft provides better grip when used for technical ice climbing
Inspired by adventure and the great outdoors, the founder of Petzl made it his goal to bring innovative products to the pioneer enthusiasts of the world. 40 years later Petzl is still reinventing the way they create their technical gear. Sporting a wide range of head lamps, harnesses and torches all designed to make exploration simpler, Petzl targets those looking to explore the most inaccessible of places with ease.