As the date draws closer to the eagerly anticipated Wild Earth Coastal High 50, so does the mandatory gear check deadline! Don’t get caught out, make sure you get your gear check completed in store or via email with Wild Earth before August 16th 2019.
The run will take you through the pristine Lamington and Springbrook National Parks, through a variety of terrain from sub-tropical rainforest to clifftops and everything in between. Make sure you’re prepared with these essentials.
- Headlamp https://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/petzl-actik-green/L370-E99AAB
- Waterproof and breathable jacket (seam-sealed) https://www.wildearth.com.au/brand/Ultimate-Direction?rf=kw&kw=v2 We also highly recommend Salomon mens (https://www.wildearth.com.au/shop/jackets?cn=1530&rf=cnva&va=2684%7C3877) and ladies (https://www.wildearth.com.au/shop/jackets?cn=1530&rf=cnva&va=3877%7C2683)
- Long-sleeve thermal top (polypro, wool or similar - cotton, lycra, "compression" garments are not OK) mens (https://www.wildearth.com.au/shop/thermals?rf=vakw&va=2684%7C1104&kw=merino) and ladies (https://www.wildearth.com.au/shop/thermals?rf=vakw&va=2683%7C1104&kw=merino)
- First aid kit: Emergency space blanket Compression bandage (min. 7.5cm x 2m, unstretched) 5m long, 2cm wide strapping tapehttps://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/amk-0.3-ultralight-watertight-medical-kit-57-grams/4293
- Whistle https://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/ust-jetscream-micro-orange/U-51143-08
- Zip-lock bag for personal rubbish
- Mobile phone (recommend Telstra network)
- 2L water-carrying capacity https://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/soft-flask-500ml-17oz-none/402799
- Race vest https://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/salomon-advanced-skin-12-set-running-vest-s18-fier/401383
- Compass https://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/suunto-a-10cm-compact-compass/205501
- Waterproof map case (maps will be provided) https://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/sea-to-summit-tpu-guide-waterproof-map-case-medium/AMAPTPUM
- OR Smartphone with Maps.Me and course map installed - instructions below. ** NOTE ** for gear check purposes, you must be able to show the Maps.Me app with the course map installed on it; or provide a screenshot of same for email checks.
All runners must complete a compulsory gear check prior to race day - we will have an online record of all gear checks completed and you will not be permitted to run without having done this check.
No check, no bib, no run.
Gear checks must be completed on or before Friday 16th August. Gear checks will need to be performed with Wild Earth staff either in-store or via email for interstate or overseas runners.
IN-STORE GEAR CHECKS
Bookings are not required. Head into Wild Earth with all your gear and they will perform your check on the spot.
EMAIL GEAR CHECKS
Need to be arranged by contacting us.