AOS swag care
So you're thinking of purchasing or just bought an Australian made AOS® swag? This swag is covered by an AOS® 10 year warranty* on manufacturing faults and should provide you with a lifetime of enjoyable use if you follow the setup instructions and canvas
So you're thinking of purchasing or just bought an Australian made AOS® swag? This swag is covered by an AOS® 10 year warranty* on manufacturing faults and should provide you with a lifetime of enjoyable use if you follow the setup instructions and canvas care points below.
To obtain the maximum life from your swag and retain your warranty* the following points should be noted:
* Remove the mattress and thoroughly wet down your new canvas prior to use to ensure the sealing of all seams. Silicon spray can be used only on seams and thread if wet down is not practical.
* Ensure that the canvas is thoroughly dry before rolling up your swag or stowing it away.
* Keep fabric clean by brushing regularly, both inside and out with a soft brush and by hosing occasionally with clear, cold water, starting at the lower edge of the fabric working upwards.
* Do not apply soaps, detergents, cleaning fluids or insecticides.
* Keep petrol, diesel, oil, solvents, kerosene and other similar fluids away from fabric.
* Do not allow bird droppings, earth, sand or vegetable matter to remain in contact with fabric.
* Should mildew spots appear, brush them off before they become attached.
* Canvas which has been cleaned extensively or exposed to products mentioned above may require re-proofing.
* We recommend using Bradmill Mildew and Waterproofing Compound for re-treating canvas material.
Please note; The inside of a swag is susceptible to condensation from breath and perspiration, especially in cold or humid conditions and is often misconceived as a leaky swag. All AOS® swags are constructed from water and rot proofed, breathable canvas, but some conditions produce moisture faster than the canvas can expel it. This is best alleviated by not completely sealing up your swag in these conditions. All AOS® swags have an extended top section at the head end to allow the front to be open without allowing rain to enter. The head end should be set up facing away from the wind and rain.